To ensure you meet the requirements to trade futures, you can check by viewing your account settings under Client Services > General > Elections & Routing, or by contacting us at +13478348283.
Bitcoin futures trading is here
What is bitcoin?
How can I trade bitcoin futures at United Stock Brokers?
As with any futures product, trading bitcoin futures (/BTC) at United Stock Brokers requires futures approval on your account. In addition to futures approval on your account, clients who wish to trade bitcoin futures must receive the CFTC and NFA advisories on virtual currencies provided below.
- If you are a client who is already approved to trade futures at USB, please contact our Futures Desk at Our Number or email us to request access to trade /BTC.
- If you have an account with us but are not approved to trade futures, you first need to request futures trading privileges. Be sure to check that you have the right permissions and meet funding requirements on your account before you apply. Please note that the approval process may take 1-2 business days. Once you have been granted futures approval, contact the Futures Desk email us to request access to /BTC.
- If you don’t have an account at USB, you need to open an account and select that you plan to actively trade during the sign-up process. You will need to request that margin and options trading be added to your account before you can apply for futures. Please keep in mind that the full process may take 5-6 business days. Once you have been granted futures approval, contact the Futures Desk at or email us.
- Customer Advisory: Understand the Risks of Virtual Currency Trading. This advisory from the CFTC is meant to inform the public of possible risks associated with investing or speculating in virtual currencies or bitcoin futures and options.
- NFA Investor Advisory—Futures on Virtual Currencies Including Bitcoin. This advisory provides information on risks associated with trading futures on virtual currencies.
At this time, United Stock Brokers does not provide the ability to trade or hold bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies directly in USB accounts, and does not provide access to bitcoin/cryptocurrency exchange networks. We offer the ability to trade bitcoin futures contracts, much like we offer futures contracts for gold, corn, crude oil, etc.
Three reasons to trade futures at USB
Our thinkorswim platform is a premier derivatives trading platform for serious futures traders.
Get live help from traders with hundreds of years of combined experience.
Fair pricing with no hidden fees or complicated pricing structures.