Trade selected securities 24 hours a day.
With overnight trading, extended hours are available to trade securities at any time that market-moving headlines are breaking – 24 every day, five days, seven days a week (excluding holiday markets). We’ve widened our after-hours trading range to include international markets and industries such as tech, which means you’ll have access to more markets around all hours of the day.
A longer time for trading and more market opportunities
Make trades according to your timetable and not according to the market's
Market hours are regular and coincide with the busiest times in the morning. You can now access the market at times that are most convenient for you, starting from Monday 8 p.m. ET until Friday 8 p.m. ET.
Find out how trading 24/5 is done.
- Trading 24 hours a day is available on our Thinkorswim trading platforms.
- The list of available securities is now comprised of FXI, SPY, EEM, GLD, SLV, DIA, UNG, TLT, IWM, QQQ, USO, SH, RWM, PSQ, AGG, DOG, EWA, EFA, EWJ, IJH, VTI, XLF, XLE and XLK.
- The securities selected were chosen to give access to many different industries. We continue to add new security to the list as we go along to provide wide market access to the global market.
- The Increased Hours Overnight (EXTO) orders are 24 continuous orders that end at 8 p.m. ET all day. For instance, an EXTO order made between 2 and 3 a.m. ET Monday morning will be active immediately and stay up to 8 p.m. Monday. The trade placed around 9 p.m. ET Monday night will be active for a short time and in effect till 8 p.m. ET Tuesday night.
- Trading outside of normal hours is a risk that is unique and carries additional risk, including less liquidity and more volatility. Your order could be partially executed or perhaps not executed entirely. Find out more.
Get started now
- Sign up for an account and select the option to actively trade during the sign-up process.
- Log into Thinkorswim, and then select EXTO for an order after hours.